The Eastern Caribbean Civil Aviation Authority (ECCAA)
the regulatory and safety oversight authority of Civil Aviation activities in the OECS and Associate Member States.
The Eastern Caribbean Civil Aviation Authority (ECCAA) is inviting applications from suitably qualified professionals to fill the positions of LEGAL OFFICER
To provide professional legal advice in all areas of law to the ECCAA and other committees and groups of the ECCAA as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Attorney at Law.
- At least 5 years in-house legal experience.
- Knowledge of the laws of the OECS Member States.
- Knowledge of the ICAO Standards and Recommended Practices.
- Experience drafting, reviewing and negotiating legal documents.
- Knowledge and experience in constitutional and Administrative Law.
SUMMARY OF KEY RESONSIBILITIES:
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- To function as the principal provider of professional legal advice in all areas of law to the ECCAA and other Committees and groups of the ECCAA as required;
- To draft and submit amendments to statutory regulations and other legal instruments based on inputs from ECCAA staff and industry changes;
- To draft and submit amendments to statutory regulations and other legal instruments based on updates to the ICAO Standards and Recommended Practices;
- To draft and submit amendments to statutory regulations and other legal instruments in areas which require strengthening;
- To liaise with the Attorneys General in the OECS territories to ensure timely passage of amendments and also to ensure that the content of the regulations are the same in each State;
The successful candidate must have a record of integrity above reproach, with no history of enforcement or disciplinary action in the industry.
Interested persons are asked to send their application to:
Human Resources Manager
Eastern Caribbean Civil Aviation Authority
P.O. Box 1130
St. John’s Antigua
Deadline date for applications is 31st March 2017. Only suitably qualified applications will be contacted.